[OPEN] Partitions damaged

GoustiFruit
Crewman
France
[OPEN] Partitions damaged

Post by GoustiFruit » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi,
So, I keep trying to play with Arco, and every step I make, I'm stopped by a glitch or a bug :-\

Lately I (re-)installed the last ArcoLinux-B Plasma edition, and as with the previous ones I tried, I encounter a recurrent problem that prevents me to continue, as I don't want to lose any data once I'll be fully converted and using Arco.

The problem is: after a fresh installation, with a custom partitioning option in Calamares (2 partitions, ext4 formatted, one for /, the other for /home), I always reboot on my USB key tools to create a backup image of those partitions, so I can play with them and revert anytime if I make a mistake.
Except that every tool I use warn me that the partitions where Arco's been installed, are damaged. The system boots and works, but the partitions are marked as unformatted.
BTW, I also tried (several times) to format those partitions (with several tools) before installing Arco, so that Calamares doesn't format it, yet when I want to backup the newly freshly installed system, the partitions are damaged, again.
FYI, that problem never happens with other distributions I try; my main system is Manjaro - so it should not be a problem from Arch - which I use on the exact same partitions without any error. I use the same tools to backup and restore my Manjaro installation and they never complain about the partitions.

Is anyone else having this problem ?

PS: another glitch while I'm here. Fresh install. Plasma desktop. The pointer theme is locked - somewhere. I mean, by default the mouse cursor is using the white theme (Breeze) over the "wallpaper" portion of the screen, but turns into the dark theme when over the main panel, as well as on the left border of the screen. If I change my pointer theme, it changes OK on the panel and left side, but it stays the same on the "wallpaper" area. I can't find how to take it back under my control...
Last edited by GoustiFruit on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: [OPEN] Partitions damaged

Post by erikdubois » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:01 pm

With the ps I can help.

https://arcolinux.com/how-to-install-any-cursor-theme/
Check the one in /usr/share/icons/default
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

GoustiFruit
Crewman
France
Re: [OPEN] Partitions damaged

Post by GoustiFruit » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:29 pm

I will try that after my next install... which will happen in VirtualBox, until most problems are solved...

Return to “Installation issues of ALL ArcoLinux iso's”