ArcoLinux 19.09 iso has been released

arandr problems (not anymore this smart hack works always)

First check the forums - Do not know where to put it then put it here
jurgen69
Crewman
Belgium

Post by jurgen69 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:11 pm

let say you wanna use qtile or whatever tilling window manager , with 3 or 4 monitors that can be some sucking , it want save your screens like in another system not anymore i find a good hack that works like a charme , very easy and dont matter how many montors you use they wil all works direct in the right order , whoehaha ...

ok let say you have 3 monitors on qtile or i3 in arcolinux but the damn thing wont save , you can easy get arround that by allitle hack inside the config file of lddm , this little boy on you tube have the same problem like i do ,and god damn it works haha...

first open arandr and save your settings to the home like config.sh
open terminal sudo thunar , know you are root inside your files...
copy your config (it really dont matter where you put it lol it always works , and place it in /usr/share/config.sh

know open the config file or look in that video ,it works in all your tilling window manager (have tested on baremetal ) that young kid is smart and happy he is hahaha but it fucking works
No arch systems for me anymore i am done with it , even i am done with linux , if you ask me windows wil be always the better one always in everything

jurgen69
Crewman
Belgium
Re: arandr problems (not anymore this smart hack works always)

Post by jurgen69 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:24 pm

forgot something
YOU MUST REBOOT THE MACHINE AND I WORKS DIRECT arandr is not able the do that automatic in multi monitors on bare metal it just dont work only if you run manjaro 18.04 and install nividia it save but even than you must place in ect/x11/ manual for multi monitors or it wil NOT WORK
No arch systems for me anymore i am done with it , even i am done with linux , if you ask me windows wil be always the better one always in everything

Return to “General Questions”