[SOLVED ] wallpaper changes every x minutes

Jibel
Crewman
Belgium
[SOLVED ] wallpaper changes every x minutes

Post by Jibel » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Hello,
good morning,
I have tested first & installed arcolinux xfce 64 bits without problem, success good, after it :o I have a big surprise , every each minute or too short, the picture for the screen change ?? It's the first times I have this noise . I have open the [b parameter office [/b]to see where on arcolinux If I have forget someone for the time to change the picture every 30 seconds ?? Not exist for the board ! Whaou ! Where is this "astuces" for to be a correction " not change the picture " never I see that because I have 12 OSs very close of Arco, never I have the same trouble !! thanks if you know where I go for that ?? many thanks see u soon :?
hello 8-)
But I use 12 OSs free , installed on my PC on 4 hard disk + only one Windaube7 times in times :lol:
"More big is the front, more big are the back"

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: [SOLVED ] wallpaper changes every x minutes

Post by erikdubois » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 pm

We love our variety.

Variety is our wallpaper provider and wallpaper switcher. It standard boots and many of my video's explain that this will happen.

All the info is already written on this forum and on arcolinux.com.

Follow this link and decide what option you want to take on your system.

https://arcolinux.com/?s=variety
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Jibel
Crewman
Belgium

Post by Jibel » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:47 pm

erikdubois wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 pm
We love our variety.

Variety is our wallpaper provider and wallpaper switcher. It standard boots and many of my video's explain that this will happen.

All the info is already written on this forum and on arcolinux.com.

Follow this link and decide what option you want to take on your system.

https://arcolinux.com/?s=variety
Hi,
Usually in my other OSs installed, I use like this===> usr/share/xfce4/ backdrops...(in root)
Impossible for me to find this on arco! OK no problem! I try for stopped this furniture for changing every 30 seconds..For to be honest , I don't like this , but it's my opinion :lol: :lol: ....Myself, I use my own picture between 25/30 personal for put it in "backdrops"
I think it's possible to change wallpaper, but if any one prefer his own picture all days ? why not ? I used my PC 24/24 each day not close it ... never ..This is the reason why I use my PC like this.. I hope to find how looking for to be stopped "variety" ?? :lol: 8-)
For pleasure they wallpaper are very interesting ! Many thanks , no problem see u soon 8-)
hello 8-)
But I use 12 OSs free , installed on my PC on 4 hard disk + only one Windaube7 times in times :lol:

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium

Post by erikdubois » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:13 am

If you do not like variety then

Code: Select all

sudo pacman -R variety
and done.

We are Sparta.
We are ArcoLinux.
We are Different.
We are not other Os's :D ;)

Jibel
Crewman
Belgium

Post by Jibel » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:12 pm

@erickdubois,
Whaou, you are really good for your answer, modesty, clear, net & precise .. I have follow your help, no problem, but after? I have always the pictures switcher's every 30 seconds..May be after close/open arcolinux no problem? I try it :roll:
But I have use an other, few years ago, OS style "arch" or "manjaro" sometimes I have a big trouble shooting after the install.. I'm not sure If a other OS have a trouble with "panic-kernel" after open my hard disk where I have 2 OSs free "voyager 18.04" trouble with "initramf" this morning :? emmabuntus de 1.03 Xfce, clean no problem.... I'm sure if I decide to install again voyager.... I'm sure impossible to open arcolinux, arcolinux to became "panic-kernel" it's possible ...or not ! Chance or not chance ?? I remember it's necessary to use "pacman or yaourt" for install for example thunderbird french OK, firefox french stay in english, skype maybe ? synaptic ??? I try it , not possible with package software many thanks for you help, it's a little complicated for to have a dictionary french language in Thunderbird usually it's direct for him but he stay with firefox ?? not install direct for T.B. 52... search, search, search... very special because my poor english :| :lol: C u soon :D
hello 8-)

Jibel
Crewman
Belgium

Post by Jibel » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Hello here is my correction personal for arcolinux, for this times ! I like it ? sure :lol: but good luck to arco in the futur, variety it's over , my personal pictures are in "image" the translate FR/ENG in T.B. are OK ?? may be :lol: I have few day for add anything to complete arco , many thanks c u soon
8-)
hello 8-)

Jibel
Crewman
Belgium

Post by Jibel » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Whaou ! Very strange your answer ! it's for you have install this OS arcolinux first time ? son of arch or manjaro very similar :D .it's more easy for you to use it... You are in the 95% in the world to use windaube or minisoft for to be easy to use it :lol:
Myself since 12 years ago, I'm a tester/ installer for 40/50 OSs free ! if I like every one ? I install every Oss free.. I have a surprise myself yesterday with the arcolinux xfce with "variety" in english?? :? OK ! get out ! :lol: :cry:
& this morning I have install "arcolinuxB plasma Xfce/ KDE 64 bits" I have install it perfectly ;) I need for example thunderbird Fr, firefox Fr chromium Fr etc after that? this OS are perfect for me ! :) I keep it now (variety too) !! Why not congratulation :D certainly to this mans ! second new concept from arch or manjaro .. congratulation again 8-)
But just a point , in this forum , I think it's better to have many other "option" language for the people wrote or speak french ?? Why not? c u soon :D
hello 8-)

Jibel
Crewman
Belgium

Post by Jibel » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Ok , no problem :D
hello 8-)

Phoenix750
Crewman
Belgium

Post by Phoenix750 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:56 pm

You can use ArcoLinuxB to debloat your installation. That is what I did and I love it. It takes only 15 minutes for me to fly through packages.x86_64 and another 5 minutes to make the ISO (don't rely on the ISO build time I tell you: I have a stupidly overclocked I7-6700k), and I have a custom ArcoLinux with packages i want added and packages i don't want removed. Give it a go, the ISO is stupidly easy to build, especially for a system-admin like you.

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium

Post by erikdubois » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 am

And that is why ArcoLinuxB is there - we give you the power what comes on the iso.

Return to “Installation issues of ArcoLinux iso”