ArcoLinux -D -B 19.5 iso's have been released

[OPEN] Bluetooth mouse and keyboard disconnected upon start up and waking from sleep

Losgann
recruit crewman
United States of America
[OPEN] Bluetooth mouse and keyboard disconnected upon start up and waking from sleep

Post by Losgann » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Hello,

I'm brand new to ArcoLinux, just discovered it earlier this week and installed it on my Lenovo Yoga 3 laptop last night. I'm using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard with it. Bluetooth itself seems to work OK, as I can connect them just fine and they work. However, the connection isn't automatic. Whenever I start up the computer or wake it up after sleep (by opening the lid for example), the mouse and keyboard are disconnected, and I have to open up the Bluetooth app from the menu and manually pair both devices every time. How can I make it so that the computer searches for the known peripherals and reconnects automatically, like it's supposed to?

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: [OPEN] Bluetooth mouse and keyboard disconnected upon start up and waking from sleep

Post by erikdubois » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 pm

Then you search the wiki

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth

searched for auto

might this help
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bl ... after_boot

Edit /etc/bluetooth/main.conf

Delete the hashtag in front of it - end of file

Code: Select all

[Policy]
AutoEnable=true
Let me know if this helps
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Losgann
recruit crewman
United States of America
Re: [OPEN] Bluetooth mouse and keyboard disconnected upon start up and waking from sleep

Post by Losgann » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:24 am

Hi Erik, thanks for your reply! I did "AutoEnable=true" at the end of /etc/bluetooth/main.conf as suggested, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. However, I noticed that everything in that entire file is commented out. When I uncommented the "AutoEnable" line at the end, and changed the value to "true", that is the only uncommented line in the entire file. Which makes me wonder if that file is being used or seen by the system at all? I'm wondering if the graphical Bluetooth tool (I'm in XFCE) uses a different configuration file that I could try editing.

I also noticed this line in the ArchWiki page you linked to: "Some Bluetooth cards (e.g. Broadcom) conflict with the network adapter. Thus, you need to make sure that your Bluetooth device get connected before the network service boot." My wifi and Bluetooth chips are Broadcom, so I wonder if this could be affecting me. How would I make sure the Bluetooth device gets connected first, before the network service?

Return to “Kernel & Hardware”