ArcoLinux -D -B 19.5 iso's have been released

Hello from Belgium!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself. Please don't post tech support questions here
Phoenix750
Crewman
Belgium
Hello from Belgium!

Post by Phoenix750 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:30 pm

Hello everyone, Phoenix750 here. So, first a little about myself: I am an electrical technician hailing from Belgium (more specifically Flanders/the Dutch speaking part). Because of my job, I am very much into information security. "Why is that?", you may be wondering. Nowadays almost everything gets connected to some kind of computer, many devices of which I install and make operational everyday. Traffic lights, railroads, conveyor belts, petrochemical plants... You name it, and somehow it will be involved in the Internet of Things. I am of the opinion that it is my duty to learn about security of those systems so I can ensure that my clients will be safe from any cyberthreats. I have gone to great lengths in this, helping in the founding of 0x00sec.org and being their community manager since recently. (that's all the self advertising for this introduction, I swear).

Ofcourse, when I got into infosec, I also got into Linux. I never found a distro that would fit my needs: it was either too slow with updates, unstable, wasn't looking nice enough... And then I stumbled upon Arco, and I must say I have fallen in love with it. It is everything I was looking for: Arch-based without delayed packages (unlike other arch-based distros), it was nice looking, and ArcoLinuxD allows me to have a base and modify it before I build it. I installed the ArcoLinuxD core and then modified Erik's scripts to remove or install things I wanted (mind you, I am already familiar with Bash, so it was easy to do so for me) instead of the defaults.

I also love the teaching philosophy behind this distro. I wish I had known Arco back when I started to first learn Linux, it would've saved me a lot of frustration! Erik, you're doing great work, keep it up!

I think that is all I can say about myself. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them to me.

-Phoenix750

P.S. If you are on ArcoLinux.com or ArcoLinuxD.com, don't click on any of the names of the article authors, as this will cause your IP address to be blocked for a certain time. I did it, and now I am locked out by my own accident :lol:

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: Hello from Belgium!

Post by erikdubois » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:10 am

Welcome fellow Belgian

Enjoy ArcoLinux

You may have a look at the ArcoLinuxB project - BYOI - that may be something just for you.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

darknetmatrix
Captain
Belgium

Post by darknetmatrix » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:36 am

welcome Phoenix750 and enjoy arcolinux
linux user # 527315
I never lose. Either I win, or I learn.

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Ferre
Crewman
Belgium

Post by Ferre » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:03 pm

A late welcome also :)

Return to “Introduce yourself”