ArcoLinux -D -B 19.11 has been released

Hello ArcoLinux Guys

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself. Please don't post tech support questions here
Quijote Libre
Crewman
Spain
Hello ArcoLinux Guys

Post by Quijote Libre » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 pm

I'm a grandfather, an old Linux user, but with little experience, because I don't have spent enought time to study it, and only using it as simple user.

I've used, above Debian and something OpenSuse, although in recent times I've using mostly Antergos.

After his retirement I was a bit disoriented but I wanted to stay in Arch, so this summer I tried, Arch with XFCE and I thought it was great.

However, when I discovered ArcoLinux, I decided to put it on my desk because I like its appearance and because my three favorite desktops (xfce, openbox and I3wm) are on it.

At the moment I only put two hits:
- the installer has not been able to treat my disks in Raid and has forced me to do some extra work
- I do not like anything that I change the wallpaper on your own and although I have disabled Variety I am still not clear how it manages.

My idea with this distribution is to finally be able to study and get to know GNU / Linux thoroughly.

Regards.

PD: Sorry for my horrible English (it's more Google than mine)

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: Hello ArcoLinux Guys

Post by erikdubois » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:51 pm

welcome at ArcoLinux.

You will be able to learn a lot here.

The wallpaper changes is called variety.

Search for variety on the arcolinux.com website and you will receive all the information you require.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

darknetmatrix
Captain
Belgium

Post by darknetmatrix » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:06 pm

welcome Quijote Libre and enjoy arcolinux
linux user # 527315
I never lose. Either I win, or I learn.

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

allan_m
Crewman
United States of America

Post by allan_m » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:19 am

Welcome to Arcolinux! I also migrated to Arco from Antergos a few months ago, and so far, I've enjoyed Linux more and learned more than I ever did in 15 years of using Linux before.

Re the wallpaper: as others said before, Variety is what is used. If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it. I never changed wallpaper before, and now I love the way Variety does things. But we all have our personal preferences.

Erik's videos are wonderful. I especially recommend the ones on working with some of the aliases after updates (such as "bupskel", "skel", "cb") so you can get an idea of how changes from Arcolinux function in updates. Just do a search for "skel" in the Search field on arcolinux.com. You can also search for other topics that way.

Enjoy Arcolinux!

Quijote Libre
Crewman
Spain

Post by Quijote Libre » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:50 pm

Thanks for yours post ...

Return to “Introduce yourself”