ArcoLinux 19.09 iso has been released

G'day from Australia

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself. Please don't post tech support questions here
sleepyeyesvince
recruit crewman
Australia
G'day from Australia

Post by sleepyeyesvince » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi, my name is Vince.

Firstly, I want to take this opportunity to thank Erik and your team for such an awesome distro. I took the plunge to using Linux (almost) full time about 18 months ago, starting with Linux Mint. After getting accustomed more, I decided that Arch base was where I wanted to be. Naturally, I tried Manjaro first, but it just didn't do it for me. Since then, I've been on ArcoLinux for the past 6 months and don't have any plans to change again anytime soon. It has been stable and solid. My WM of choice is i3, but I like having XFCE and Openbox available as options.

I have also done an Arch "the Arch way" install during this time, and though I managed to get it working to a satisfactory level, the time involved was just too much for me. Also, there were just a few little tweaks that I think I was still missing. So I have returned and started dabbling with ArcoLinux D to see what the missing ingredients in the "special sauce" you guys have put together that makes using Arco smoother for me than vanilla Arch.

This is where I would once again show my appreciation for all the hard work in the ISOs as well as the videos!

Cheers.

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: G'day from Australia

Post by erikdubois » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Great to read your post.

Great motivation to carry on.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

allan_m
Crewman
United States of America

Post by allan_m » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:01 am

Hey Vince . . . I recognize your name from BDLL and DL! Excellent post, and I echo your sentiment about finding my Linux home in Arcolinux (I came here from Antergos Linux when it ended). I have learned more and am happier since finding Arcolinux than any time in my Linux journey.

So to Erik and everyone else in the Arco community, I say "Amen" to what Vince said -- thank you all!

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium

Post by erikdubois » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:21 am

Thanks and you are welcome
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

darknetmatrix
Captain
Belgium

Post by darknetmatrix » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:38 am

welcome sleepyeyesvince, and enjoy arcolinux
linux user # 527315
I never lose. Either I win, or I learn.

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Introduce yourself”